Welcome to my stop for the Loved to Pieces Blog Party.
My oldest, now a teenager, and I have an ongoing debate about certain shades of blue-green and green-blue. It’s a lively and jovial discussion. These are her favorite colors, and to her, they are all blue. I, of course, am trying to enlighten her on the more delicate points of nuanced tones. So when Mister Domestic’s new line, Loved To Pieces arrived the debate raged on.
When I first laid eyes on the fun florals and coordinated stripes, I knew immediately I wanted to make Mathew’s young daughter a quilt from them. He designed the fabrics with her in mind and seriously named it “Loved to Pieces.” If you know him at all, you know how he loves her. Kids love things with their names on them and “kid-sized,” so that’s exactly what I did. Here is a kid-sized throw she can tote along on adventures, or hide in her new Tee-Pee with.
Oh, and Of course, I had to spend some of our debate time making her hold the quilt for me. I won’t embarrass her with the outtakes here, let’s just say we had a good time as all debates should be. And we’d love for you to weigh in, is this solid fabric blue, green, blue-green or green-blue?
Last but not least, check out ALL of the other makers because “Ain’t no party like a Mister Domestic Blog Party!” I’ve loved seeing how this whole line has been transformed into so many fabulous makes. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the party too!
- Monday July 16: Amanda Woodruff of A Crafty Fox
- Tuesday July 17: Sharon Holland of Sharon Holland Designs
- Wednesday July 18: Angela Wolf of Angela Wolf Pattern Collection
- Thursday July 19: Brittany Jones of Brittany Jones
- Friday July 20: Sharon McConnell of Color Girl Quilts
- Saturday July 21: Elina Temmes of Elina Temmes
- Monday July 23: Meghan Buchanan of Then Came June
- Tuesday July 24: Nicole Daksiewicz of Modern Handcraft
- Wednesday July 25: Cristy Stuhldreher of I Love You Sew
- Thursday July 26: Kate Basti of Quilt with Kate
- Friday July 27: Courtney Davis posting at Melly Sews
- Sunday July 29: Mimi Goodwin of Mimi G Style
- Monday July 30: Kim Niedzwiecki of Go Go Kim
- Tuesday July 31: Tara Curtis of Wefty Needle
- Wednesday August 1: Saija Kiiskinen of Saija Kiiskinen
- Thursday August 2: Jodi Godfrey of Tales of Cloth
- Sunday August 5: Brett Lewis of Natural Born Quilter
- Monday August 6: Karen Tripp of The DIY Addict
- Tuesday August 7: Tracy Martin of Tracy Bug Creative
- Wednesday August 8: Sharon Burgess of Lilabelle Lane Creations
- Thursday August 9: Maureen Cracknell of Maureen Cracknell Handmade
- Friday August 10: Kylie Gersekowski of Little Moo Designs